Staff Training and Development
Five Ways Al-Falah Prepares Teachers for Success:
At Al-Falah Islamic School we inspire our teachers for excellence through rigorous professional and religious training.
1. Teachers are evaluated yearly by a retired principal from the Toronto District School Board
2. Teachers undergo mandatory professional development throughout the year as they attend workshops and courses organised by educational consultants. They attend workshops by Elementary Teacher's Federation of Ontario
3. This year (2010-2011), Marilyn Turner, an educational consultant, will work with our staff to enhance student literacy and develop a school-wide reading program
4. Our staff is TRIBES certified. All teachers received TRIBES training in May 2008
5. Our low teacher turn-over means consistency in education and focus on the development of our children
Al Falah’s emphasis on holistic Islamic education and professional development has attracted many brilliant educators and administrators over the last 10 years.